The Tier 2 NOC Technician
Location: Denver, CO (preferred) or Las Vegas, NV
Position type: Full time
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Do you enjoy the challenge of solving technical issues, interacting with clients, and working in a fast-paced team environment? If so, it’s time to join Aviaro; the future of business communications. We are in a rapid growth mode and are looking to hire exceptional Tier 2 NOC Technicians/ Engineers to help support our patented messaging & voice platforms and provide technical support to our valued customers, partners, and vendors.
The Tier 2 NOC Technician is primarily responsible for monitoring & supporting critical network elements including system maintenance/repair, servers & infrastructure, API, and administrative functions. The NOC tech will also be required to clear problems and proactively work with the software development & engineering team to resolve technical issues as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities – What you’ll be doing.
- You will be the tier 1 support and sales team’s first point of contact for technical escalations
- Respond to system alarms/alerts, troubleshoot/resolve, or escalate to Tier 3 as needed.
- Resolve technical problems related to platform issues, carriers, customer configurations, and integrations with third-party products.
- Work on supporting ticket escalations submitted by customers.
- Some examples include: assisting a customer in tracking down a deliverability issues both outbound and inbound, debugging a customer’s code which is resulting in 400 responses, or perhaps speaking with a customer on the phone to guide them through development of their SMS application / internally. You will be collaborating with your teammates and the Aviaro development/engineering team via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs. Spend time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards, and working with your manager to surface customer pain points to assist in process betterment.
- Develop, maintain and perform processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity in platform applications
- Seek out opportunities and contribute to workflow process improvements by suggesting a change
- Contribute to knowledgebase documentation when troubleshooting/resolving new issues
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decipher high-level information into consumable details
- Drive and prioritize internal and external reporting requirements based on department needs and business KPI’s
- Provide cross functional understanding of data, support in validation of data loads and perform training as needed
- Perform ongoing maintenance of servers and network devices to meet minimum platform uptime requirements
- Write scripts to automate repeatable tasks (when applicable)
- Build customer loyalty by building rapport with customers during the support process
Working Knowledge and Skillsets
- Bi-lingual: English & Vietnamese preferred
- 2+ years providing excellent customer service and support within a technical organization
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or cloud SaaS
- Strong knowledge of RESTful API’s with the ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions
- Familiarity with VoIP protocols like SIP, UDP/TCP, and RTP
- Familiarity with VoIP technology, architecture, and standards
- Experience managing Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience using monitoring tools such as Nagios, Logic Monitor, PRTG, Zabbix, and Datadog
- Understanding of networking concepts (IP, LAN, WAN, etc.)A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the web ecosystem including Kubernetes & Jenkins
- Previous experience with JIRA, GitHub or similar ticketing system
- Scripting experience in Java, Python, Go, and Bash a plus
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, Google Cloud or Azure/AWS
- Working knowledge of Zapier a plus
- Understanding of AI concepts and processes also a plus
Personal Attributes – What you’ll need for success.
- Positive attitude
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, reading, and writing skills
- Strong problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Conversational, patient, and empathetic
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback
- Ability to calmly de-escalate tense customer situations as needed
- Be a team player who shares the load and helps others
To apply, submit your resume by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org